Thursday, October 04, 2007

05.10.2007 - Moon Cakes and Tax Rebates.













So whats up with the lack of blogging. Seems being here doesnt seem all that unique to me any more. What a selfish attitude to take, just because I have fallen into routine doesnt mean the folks back home dont appreciate details from out here on this rock.

So a couple of things have gone on of note. It was recently Moon festival, or mid Autumn festival which is one of the few times which I get a long weekend. I went down to the very south point of Taiwan to Pintung, a national park with lots of white sands and clear oceans, although it rained for the first of two days we made the most of it under our canopy. The campsite was right on the beach, surrounded by palm trees andaside from the occational deadly snake (not kidding) it was our own little Island paradise. When the sun eventually came out it was beautiful, I got pounded by huge waves and was on the bottom of the sea bed more often than catching waves, good times were had. I have spent every day since then peeling strips of sunburnt Aaron jerky off my back and shoulders.

So now its back to school, I saw Ang Lee's new film Lust Caution at the cinema and it reminded me of which I love films, something I had forgotten for a suprisingly long time. Fantastic acting, beautifully shot and compelling story. High five for Taiwan Mr Lee. Nice to see Tony Leung again even if he is getting old and grumpy. Other news, I got my Tax rebate from the Taiwanese government to the sum of "alot", must resist Halo 3, Macbook and such, at least I have a bank account now which helps to stop cash burning a hole in my pocket. Although my cash card is yellow with Astro boy on it, I like making him fly into the slot of the ATM.

Not much else to report except I finished Ada's side mission on Resident Evil 4 last night, Mario Sunshine must be coming soon, still wondering where the heck the new Wii channel is? Also, it friday! Woo and since I had to work Saturday last week Im going to enjoy this one to its fullest, that meaning sleep through it!

Til next time,
This has been MMI

(P.S Pictures from the beach on Flikr soon)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to here from you chief. Sounds like you had a great time, aside from the sunburn. Hopefully see you ya soon matey

5:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaron! Woohoo! - its great have you back - we were starting to get some serious MMI withdrawal symptoms. Glad to hear about your money situation - lack of fundage is never a good thing so it must feel great to have some disposable cash for a while. And it sounds like you had a pretty idyllic time out at the festival.

I started back at uni this week for my MA and nothings changed up at Psalter Lane.....although I did notice a distinct lack of the devil woman in the library - there must have been an exorcism or something since the last time we were there!

Take care out there man
Over and out
Liz x

6:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wooohooo indeed! You have a small but loyal readership of the blog and it was good to hear the news.
Macbook would be a choice you would not regret and would repay you a thousand times over...without a single doubt!
Dom says it is Mario Galaxy NOT Sunshine coming up soon, and he is at this moment on xbox live setting up his Halo on line account for some serious on-line gaming.
Have a great weekend!

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dude, Nice to hear from you! Glad all is well in the MMI office and that you're getting time to see more of the country and enjoy some nice weather. We've had a few nice days here recently which makes a nice change from the crappy summer.

Great news about the extra cash, I'm terrible with my money these days and always run out towards the end of the month!

Take it easy buddy and I hear we might be seeing you soon - any more info on that?

Dave x

3:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home