Saturday, October 27, 2007

28.10.2007 - Supporting Taiwan's "C-POP" scene













Just got back from seeing F.I.R. play some songs across town. It was pretty hot, shouldn't have worn my jacket out. There was a pretty good turn out in the end, about 200 people. Only one of them was from England though. The squeeky voiced announcer girl shouted, "Let's say hi to our foreigner friend" into the mic, a bit uncomfortable but I'm used to it by now. They started singing and in typical Taiwanese fashion found time to play silly parlour games with the audience between songs.

When they had finished they cleared the gear off the stage and set up a table where the three of them could meet and greet the fans. I went up and got my poster signed, took a bunch of pictures and bumbled my way through "hello, well done", shook hands and then scurried back to my cave with my swag in tow. The lead singer asked me where I was from, they all looked a bit suprised to see a foreign face coming up. I didn't have the heart to say I had nothing better to do with my Saturday morning.

Anyways I'm off to find a Halloween costume!
Til Next time,
This has been MMI

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey man, sounds good, Were F I R the guys that had asian version of ade playing with them? Halloween was fun i mangaged to crawl out of my lair and head back to sheffield for a few days, you were missed by every1 but still a fun long weekend, liz and daves costumes where great as usual. Glad things are going well chief. Take care and i'll hopefully catch up soon. Peace out chief

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home